Thursday, March 19, 2009

it begins

This has been a  mentally exhausting week.  It makes me question the fact that I registered for classes over the summer today (after 1.5 years off from school).  

This nomorechristians teaching series is provoking a lot of questions.  This week....
  • I have had four deep conversations about the existence of God, validity of the Bible, and other religions in addition to a group discussion on atheism last night.  
  • I have had two e-mails wanting an explanation of this upcoming series.
  • I have been called blasphemous twice (one joking, one serious)
  • Adam Duckworth and I have been referred to as geniuses and idiots
  • I have scheduled three meetings; one with an atheist, one with former atheist, and one with an agnostic.
and we haven't even promoted this thing yet.

I don't want to be the guy who only blogs about what the church is doing, but I am so excited about what God is going to do with this series!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you brother!

Anonymous said...

Wait... who called me an idiot?!? J/K... I'm really excited as well, and I've been talking nonstop to my coworkers about this...

Steve said...

Hi James,

Can you introduce me to the atheist, the former atheist and the agnostic that have participated?

My email is HumanistFamilies@hotmail.com

I write for the msatheists.org blog.

Come check out some of the views presented there in the open marketplace of ideas when you get a chance.

Steve