Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I trust in God

I hear people say this statement a lot. However, I wonder how many of those people truly trust God.

I know it is an overused analogy but someone who says they have faith that a chair will not break but is not willing to sit in it, does not really have faith in it.

If you trust in God financially but do not sacrifice finances for his sake; you don't actually trust in him financially.
If you trust in him with your finding the right person but will not look for the criteria he sets for your spouse; you don't actually trust him to give you the right person.
If you trust in his direction but will not follow unless everything makes sense; you don't actually trust in his direction.
If you trust in him for eternal life but do not give your life to him; you don't actually trust in him for eternal life.
If you don't trust in him......etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.......................................................................

Let's stop praying - God take all I have and do what you will - and start giving all we have so that He can do as he wills!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Post! I completely agree with you. The ones that I hate the most are those who say they're going to trust God and break up with their boyfriend or girlfriend yet they get back together in two days. Yet I think we've all been guilty of stating we trust God and yet our actions show something different! I know I have.

Tripp Battle said...

Soooo true... Great post!