Monday, August 25, 2008

how do i grow?

Regardless of where you are in the spiritual growth process there is probably some worry/anxiety about being able to get the place you desire to be.

I remember when I wanted to begin to grow in my walk and even had a feeling that I was called to serve God in some capacity vocationally, I had no idea how in the world I would ever get to the point where I could lead people to Him.

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

It is by His power that we are equipped with everything we need for life and for living like Him. We are not the ones who make life change possible, it is Him!

He does this through our knowledge of Him. That word knowledge is actually a greek word which literally means - recognition -.

So God's divine power gives us everything we need for life and for carrying out His will simply by our recognition of who He is!

Amazing!

1 comment:

Tripp Battle said...

So true man!!! Way to put me in check and keep me humble. :) God is the one who qualifies us.