Friday, June 12, 2009

top 5 blogs (part 4 of 5)

 an audience                  3/23/09

 

Earlier today, I was thinking about how I am so amazed at what God is doing in my life and the life of the church I pastor....

 

......my first thought was to twitter.....

 

......then to blog, what I am blogging right now......

 

not just to praise God for His goodness.

 

I worry sometimes that having this constant audience via the web replaces me talking to God. (Yes, I realize by blogging about this I am doing the very thing I am concerned about.) 

 

I had a great time with an audience of one this morning. 

 

Hopefully our twitters and blogs flow out of our personal communication with God.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does God hear you less if you pray to him in front of someone you also hope to reach with your words? I dont believe he cares how you talk to him, just that you do.

james said...

He does not hear you any less, but He desires intimacy with you.

I am very forgetful of the beauty of just talking with God.

Jesus' spiritual life was very public, but the Bible says that He went further even still. He had alone time with God.

We are to follow that example!