Tuesday, June 23, 2009

things aren't always what they seem

I have been stressing about a few things this week (yes, i know I shouldn't worry)!

our car is having problems
something is wrong with our taxes
church finances are way down
and
my cell phone broke.  

I was extremely aggravated by this phone thing.  I love everything about the phone except for not being able to picture message, I have to go  a few days without my phone and I have to buy$$$ a new one........ugghhhhhh

but listen to what I was told by the alltel rep......

  "You are eligible for an upgrade so you can get the phone at the new price.  (I picked the palm treo PRO an upgrade with pic messaging for only $59).  Also, we can and go ahead and lock in your current plan for another two years.  
  Otherwise you would have had to switch over to a Verizon plan next month since your contract has expired (for less minutes and the same features I use currently it would have been another $40 a month to switch to the Verizon plan) ."

So I spent $60 and saved $40 x 23 = 920.  My phone breaking saved Christie and I $860 over the next two years.

Thank you God for breaking my phone. 

This was His way of saying "I got this".  



4 comments:

Eric Partin said...

If it was God, then why didn't he get you an iPhone?

james said...

i was thinking about the iphone and then i remembered that i would have to use AT&T.

Justine said...

That's really awesome. Thanks for the encouraging blog. :-)

Tripp Battle said...

you stole the words right out of my mouth with your AT&T comment! nice!!!